Saturday, June 23, 2012

So, I pretty much lied about the title of this blog.  This definitely is NOT the cs blog of cs blogs, but perhaps in five weeks it will be the best one you will ever read.  Perhaps.  

This blog is being made for the Young Scholars Program at FSU.  It's a six week long program with classes and research projects and FUN.  I take three classes: Biochemistry of the Gene, Differential Equations, and most importantly, Intro to Computational Science.  My computational science teacher is my youngest teacher here at camp, by far.  However, it makes it cooler because he tries new methods like blogging.  My other two teachers are really cool too.  We do tons of labs in my Biochem class which is a ton more fun than lecture.  The Diff Eq class is kind of difficult because I haven't learned all the ways to differentiate, but I'm picking it up pretty quickly in class so it isn't a big deal.  Not too bad.  It's challenging in a good way.  

Other than my  classes I have an individual research project and I am working with Dr. Dennis.  He is a really chill guy and his research is some of the most interesting pieces of information I have ever learned.  It isn't published yet, so it probably isn't correct that I say what it is, but definitely watch for it in scientific journals.  You will be amazed.  

Besides all of that mind-stimulating time, there's a large span of time after returning to the dorm where childish things are done.  I have made 40 new friends, and I have even become really close with a number after just a week.  It's a cool experience.  We also went to Wakulla which had the coldest water of any body of water I have ever jumped into, but the two story jump was pretty sweet.  

That's it for now.  Perhaps I will write about computational science in my next post because this is THE cs blog of cs blogs, but I'm not sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment